Get Help Now

Do You Need Legal Help?

Select the option below that applies and enter your details.

I was Injured in an Accident

Were You Injured in an Accident?

The Road Accident Fund (RAF) provides cover against injuries sustained or death arising from motor vehicle accidents within South Africa and our panel of attorneys and medical experts has years of experience lodging claims with the RAF. We work on a “no win, no fee” basis, and also guarantee a discount of 30% off the attorney’s fees for successful claims.

This benefit applies to the Consumer Protection Centre client and 7 (seven) of his/her family members!

Are You Buying a House?

Few things can compare to the feeling of buying your first house, and to make this process even better, we offers our clients a guaranteed discount of 50% on the prescribed attorney fees for transfers and bond registrations.

I am Buying a House

A Family Member Passed Away

Did a Family Member Pass Away?

When a person dies and leaves property behind, a deceased estate comes into existence, which must then be administered and distributed in terms of his/her will or testament. In addition to the administration of deceased estates, we also assist with intestate succession (when there is no will or testament).

Do You Need Legal Advice?

The Consumer Protection Centre assists clients all over South Africa. Our highly specialised panel of attorneys will provide you with telephonic legal advice and guidance on any aspect of South African Law.

I Need Legal Advice

I Need a Contract

Do You Need a Contract?

Under the South African Law, oral agreements are just as enforceable as written ones. However, in some circumstances written contracts are required and in such cases the Consumer Protection Centre can provide you with tailor-made contracts.

I Lost My Job

Did You Lose Your Job?

All employers are required by law to register with and contribute to the Unemployment Insurance Fund (“UIF”) so when you lose your job, we can help you complete the necessary forms to apply for UIF benefits. Please note that you cannot claim claim UIF benefits if you resigned, were suspended or absconded from work.

Do You Need Help with Debt / Blacklisting?

Being blacklisted can have a negative effect on your credit score, and cause considerable inconvenience, however by law, credit bureaus cannot blacklist you while you are under debt counselling. We can assist you with challenging any wrongful blacklisting in terms of Section 72(3) of the National Credit Act 32 of 2000.

I Need Help with Debt / Blacklisting

I want to Claim Maintenance

Do You Want to Claim Maintenance?

While many single parents raise children without emotional or financial support from the child’s father/mother, it can have a negative impact on both the parent and the child. The biological parents, grandparents or legal guardian of the child has a legal obligation to pay maintenance and we can assist you with completing the relevant application forms.

Do You have a Dispute with Your Landlord?

The landlord-tenant relationship can often be complicated and challenging, and the Rental Housing Tribunal is responsible for settling disputes between these parties. We help our clients submit complaints at the Rental Housing Tribunal, after which landlords are prohibited from taking any legal action.

I have a Dispute with my Landlord

I got Bitten by a Dog

Did You Get Bitten by a Dog?

A dog owner is legally responsible for any damage or loss caused by the dog, so if you are the victim of a dog bite, we will appoint an attorney to help you claim compensation from the owner.